Airbnb SEO tips
- Improve your Airbnb ranking - get more bookings
Airbnb SEO tips for Airbnb hosts.
As a rental property manager, your number one goal is to make people book your place. But before you can land a booking, potential guests need to find your listing. If you’re not on the first couple of pages of Airbnb’s search results, then you’re unlikely to get many inquiries.
Spanish version: Consejos de SEO de Airbnb para anfitriones de Airbnb.
With 100's or even 1000's of Airbnb listings in the most popular areas, and more listings added every day, you better stay ahead of your competitors.
The following tips will help your listing appear higher in the Airbnb search engine, which in turn will lead to more visitors, more bookings and more money.
Every day 1000's of accounts disappear from Airbnb. Do you have a backup plan?
Airbnb SEO tips for improved ranking in search
The following factors seem to influence your listings ranking in the Airbnb search engine:
# The Title
Create an attention grabbing title
# The Photos:
- Have at least 20 high resolution pictures on your listing
- Airbnb verified photos seem to help on Airbnb ranking. Airbnb offers a professional photography service to get Airbnb verified photos.
# Profile and description:
- Include a place or landmark in the title of your listing. Repeat the landmark name in the summary and in the detailed description.
- Make sure your profile and your listings are complete. Remember to complete the amenities, home safety and guidebook sections. Completed profiles and listings seem to rank higher among Airbnb listings than other listings.
- Super host listings seem to appear higher in search (not verified)
- Correct language without spelling or grammar mistakes. Get a professional to review your Airbnb listing.
- The price. Check the average price for similar listings in your area and adjust your price accordingly. The Airbnb host assistant section will give you a better understanding of the market.
# Airbnb Response time and response rate
- Another important factor for Airbnb SEO is the response rate. Make sure to answer all inquires as fast as you can. A short response time and a high response rate will boost your listing in Airbnb search.
- Airbnb rewards hosts that respond to all initial inquiries within at least 24 hours.
- Instant booking can influence your ranking in a positive way as instant booking has positive effect on your response time, which is an important ranking factor.
- If you can’t provide a complete response, reply with a simple “I’ll get back to you shortly.”
- Keep your calender updated.
- A large number of reviews and many 5 star reviews are still one of the most important factors.
- Airbnb Superhosts get a badge that make them stand out in search
# Social influence
- Share your listing on social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Links from these social media platforms pointing to your listing shows Airbnb that your rental is worthy of highlighting and you'll be reworded accordingly.
- Post your listing on all of your social media accounts and ask your friends to like and share it.
- Furthermore, the number of times your listing has been added to someones wish list will help your Airbnb listing in search
- Make your listing appear in external search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc) and other search engines by applying general SEO principles, see more on Airbnb keyword search below. This will drive traffic to your profile and listings and improve the chance of getting booked.
- Create your own website for your listing. If your listing disappears from Airbnb, you'll still own your own content and be in control.
#Airbnb keyword search
Keywords: Airbnb SEO, Airbnb SEO Tips, Airbnb search engine, Improve Airbnb ranking, Airbnb ranking tips
Tools for Airbnb hosts
Limited offer. Airbnb hosts and Vacation Rental owners can now use iGMS software at zero cost. Automate your vacation rental business with this powerful tool. A must have for Airbnb hosts and Vacation rental owners Automated messaging Channel Manager Team...
Get your own professional website for your vacation rental. With an independent website you can take direct bookings and avoid fees (most vacation rental sites such as Airbnb, Tripadvisor or Booking takes up to 20% on top of your price, imagine if you could keep this cut yourself). There are...
It's a proven fact that people are more likely to click on and book the listings appearing first after they have made a search on Airbnb. And with 100's or even 1000's of Airbnb listings in the most popular areas, and more listings added every week, you better stay ahead of your...
Did you know there are several ways to make money on Airbnb without owning any residential property? You can rent / lease a property from someone else and rent in on Airbnb You can co-host for another Airbnb user Airbnb also let people earn money on experiences You can become an...
Top Airbnb articles 2020
Can you guess what kind of a #vacationrental property is likely to get more bookings? The data says the one with a well-thought-out marketing strategy. Put these marketing techniques into action to outsmart your competitors and boost your occupancy rate: Read the full article here
What are the most common things guests complain about in vacation rentals? Read the most common negative reviews and learn how to them these 10 tips. Avoid negative Airbnb reviews
Millions of potential guests use social media every day. Find out how to market your vacation rental business and boost your bookings. Get your free pdf guide here.
The photos you upload are a reflection of the service you offer. Check out 8 ways on how to take professional photos of your vacation rental, see our best tips here