Airbnb SEO tips
- Improve your Airbnb ranking - get more bookings
Airbnb SEO tips for Airbnb hosts.
As a rental property manager, your number one goal is to make people book your place. But before you can land a booking, potential guests need to find your listing. If you’re not on the first couple of pages of Airbnb’s search results, then you’re unlikely to get many inquiries.
Spanish version: Consejos de SEO de Airbnb para anfitriones de Airbnb.
With 100's or even 1000's of Airbnb listings in the most popular areas, and more listings added every day, you better stay ahead of your competitors.
The following tips will help your listing appear higher in the Airbnb search engine, which in turn will lead to more visitors, more bookings and more money.
Every day 1000's of accounts disappear from Airbnb. Do you have a backup plan?
Airbnb SEO tips for improved ranking in search
The following factors seem to influence your listings ranking in the Airbnb search engine:
# Links pointing to your listings
External links pointing to your Airbnb listings will help your listing appear higher in search. For this reason, you should always advertise your Airbnb listing on external websites and social media (for example Facebook, Twitter etc) when possible.
# The Title
Create an attention grabbing title
# The Photos:
- Have at least 20 high resolution pictures on your listing
- Airbnb verified photos seem to help on Airbnb ranking. Airbnb offers a professional photography service to get Airbnb verified photos.
# Profile and description:
- Include a place or landmark in the title of your listing. Repeat the landmark name in the summary and in the detailed description.
- Make sure your profile and your listings are complete. Remember to complete the amenities, home safety and guidebook sections. Completed profiles and listings seem to rank higher among Airbnb listings than other listings.
- Super host listings seem to appear higher in search (not verified)
- Correct language without spelling or grammar mistakes. Get a professional to review your Airbnb listing.
- The price. Check the average price for similar listings in your area and adjust your price accordingly. The Airbnb host assistant section will give you a better understanding of the market.
# Airbnb Response time and response rate
- Another important factor for Airbnb SEO is the response rate. Make sure to answer all inquires as fast as you can. A short response time and a high response rate will boost your listing in Airbnb search.
- Airbnb rewards hosts that respond to all initial inquiries within at least 24 hours.
- Instant booking can influence your ranking in a positive way as instant booking has positive effect on your response time, which is an important ranking factor.
- If you can’t provide a complete response, reply with a simple “I’ll get back to you shortly.”
- Keep your calender updated.
- A large number of reviews and many 5 star reviews are still one of the most important factors.
- Airbnb Superhosts get a badge that make them stand out in search
# Social influence
- Share your listing on social networks, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Links from these social media platforms pointing to your listing shows Airbnb that your rental is worthy of highlighting and you'll be reworded accordingly.
- Post your listing on all of your social media accounts and ask your friends to like and share it.
- Furthermore, the number of times your listing has been added to someones wish list will help your Airbnb listing in search
- Make your listing appear in external search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc) and other search engines by applying general SEO principles, see more on Airbnb keyword search below. This will drive traffic to your profile and listings and improve the chance of getting booked.
- Create your own website for your listing. If your listing disappears from Airbnb, you'll still own your own content and be in control.
#Airbnb keyword search
Keywords: Airbnb SEO, Airbnb SEO Tips, Airbnb search engine, Improve Airbnb ranking, Airbnb ranking tips
Tools for Airbnb hosts
Limited offer. Airbnb hosts and Vacation Rental owners can now use iGMS software at zero cost. Automate your vacation rental business with this powerful tool. A must have for Airbnb hosts and Vacation rental owners Automated messaging Channel Manager Team...
Airbnb has launched several new tools. See how much you can earn from renting your place or hosting an Airbnb experience here: See how much you can earn as an host here See how much you can earn by hosting an Airbnb Experience here
Get your own professional website for your vacation rental. With an independent website you can take direct bookings and avoid fees (most vacation rental sites such as Airbnb, Tripadvisor or Booking takes up to 20% on top of your price, imagine if you could keep this cut yourself). There are...
It's a proven fact that people are more likely to click on and book the listings appearing first after they have made a search on Airbnb. And with 100's or even 1000's of Airbnb listings in the most popular areas, and more listings added every week, you better stay ahead of your...
Did you know there are several ways to make money on Airbnb without owning any residential property? You can rent / lease a property from someone else and rent in on Airbnb You can co-host for another Airbnb user Airbnb also let people earn money on experiences You can become an...
Top Airbnb articles 2020
An Airbnb welcome letter can share important details with your guests while also making them feel comfortable in your rental. Find out how a welcome letter can improve your guest communication and what to include in your letter to leave a lasting impression. An Airbnb welcome letter can win your...
Most guests search the web to look for captivating photos that fire up their excitement for their next trip. As noted by an airbnb host, browsing for a vacation rental “is like online dating...nobody reads the profile, it’s all about the photos”. I don’t need to tell you the...
6 Ways to Increase Your Vacation Rental Revenue With Upsells.Vacation rental bookings rarely stay steady year-round. Everyone has their busy and slow seasons. Furthermore, given the recent travel changes since COVID-19, many vacation rental owners are looking for new ways to increase revenue...
Author: Connor Griffiths | Lifty Life Vacation Rental Management Your Airbnb photos are one of the most important parts of your listing; which is why it’s surprising to still see such poor quality on so many Airbnb listings. Trust me you won’t regret taking a few extra minutes to take some...
Learn everything you need to know about vacation rental property management fees, from how it's structured and the services that it covers, to pros and cons. When hiring a property manager or property management company to oversee your vacation rental, it’s important to understand how vacation...
As people begin to resume travel plans and start taking trips again, vacation rental owners all over the globe are anxious to get back to business. Many are going the extra mile to appeal to eager travelers, finally fill those vacancies, and make up for all of the last-minute cancellations and lost...
Does your Airbnb listing stand out from the crowd? To gain more visibility on the platform and start securing more reservations you need in the first place to improve the key aspects of your listing. Here are 9 practical checklists to help your Airbnb listing reach its full potential. Read more...
Airbnb is undoubtedly one of the biggest travel startups to emerge from the sharing economy in recent years. In fact, there are over seven million listings worldwide on the platform and on average over 2 million guests stay on Airbnb every night. Its unparalleled success is, in large part, due to...
As soon as your vacation rental property transforms into your main business, it's important to optimize all processes within it. Luckily, software tools and applications can come to help. Here are the answers to the 4 main questions about choosing free vacation rental management software. Read more...
Airbnb is a community where an owner’s success is primarily driven by feedback and his or her track record. These testimonials resemble on-line references that can aid or injure your future business significantly. Some small slip-ups or errors can impact your ratings for a long time, and even...