- Flipkey (recommended)
- Hotelscombined Apartments (hotel search engine)
- Booking.com Homestays
This is a site is a must join for any vacation rental owner wanting more bookings. Tripadvisor is the largest travel site in the world with millions of users worldwide. Tripadvisor has just launced it's free-to-list program, making it possible for private and professional vacation rental owners to list their properties at absolutely no cost. Travelers can choose among 1000's of reviewed vacation rentals in almost every location worldwide. Did you know that advertisers on Flipkey earn in average $ 26000 per year?
On Homestay.com, anyone can book a homestay including tourists, leisure travellers, students, interns, people relocating for work or those who simply want to experience local culture and meet local people when they travel. Check out the site here.
Roomorama is the Airbnb competitor with most coupons and deals. The site has a shortout section where travelers can describe their needs and hosts can give offers. It's free for hosts to advertise and travelers can search for flats / rooms and create shortcuts here.
The Airbnb alternative in Europe: Wimdu
In many Central-European countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium and Austria Wimdu is the preferred Airbnb alternative. Check out Wimdu here. Altough the company is based in Germany, Europe, it offers vacation rentals in most cities and coutries worldwide.
UK Airbnb alternative
In UK many people use Holidaylettings to book their vacation home. Holidaylettings is a part of Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site with millions of users from all over the world.
You don't want to miss the following:
The airbnb tips blog - recources for guests and hosts
Travel coupons and freebies - next time - stay for free
Please like and share
Did you find this information useful? Please like or share with your friends on Facebook :)
Other Airbnb alternatives:
Misterbnb - gay friendly Airbnb alternative
9flats - based in Germany, Europe
Kinkbnb.com - erotic bnb community
Advantages for hosts:
- Listing your property on more websites = more exposure = more bookings
- You'll get access to more free marketing tools
- It's easy to manage bookings from multiple sites by using the multicalendar tool
- If you already have a listing on Airbnb, it's fast and easy to copy content to other sites
Advantages for travelers:
- You can often find accommodation even cheaper than on Airbnb
- You'll get access to a wider range of vacation rentals
- You can compare prices accross sites
- Sign up with sites and communities targeted to your special interests and needs
- Freebies, coupons and special offers are often available on different sites